26 Oct Account Executive – Client Development, Life Sciences
Account Executive - Client Development, Life Sciences
THE FUTURE OF WORK IS HERE. JOIN THE TEAM.
Our Company and Culture
Business Talent Group (BTG) is the leading marketplace that connects independent management consultants, subject matter experts, and executives with top companies to solve their biggest business problems. BTG provides just the right on-demand talent needed—on-site or remote, part-time, or full-time, individuals or teams, anywhere in the world. That is why more than 40% of the F100 trust BTG to curate, vet, and deliver talent who fuel growth, innovation, and performance improvement. Our commitment to project success has earned us a 99% fill rate on all talent requests and a 97% repeat rate among top global companies. We pride ourselves on having developed a fast-paced, fun, and dynamic culture. We encourage all our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.
Account Executive – Senior / Executive Director of Client Development Life Sciences
Business Talent Group (BTG) is seeking an Account Executive (Senior Director / Executive Director of Client Development) to lead a three to five-person client development and success team. This individual will be working with current and future Life Sciences / Biopharma clients to surface and manage individual project opportunities and cultivate and establish enterprise and long-term relationship-based revenue growth. The successful candidate will develop and manage account-based strategies for client engagement, lead and build senior client relationships, cultivate and manage project and enterprise relationship evaluations, direct client service teams on talent placements and active projects, and play a leadership role on the client development team. The role requires surfacing and exploring key issues of relevance to target account companies, planning and overseeing the execution of projects with clients, and supporting development of and guiding internal strategy to better serve Life Sciences / Biopharma clients. This leader may also be called on to lead high-priority initiatives and collaborate with colleagues across the firm to explore and uncover business needs to deliver and grow BTG’s Life Sciences / Biopharma client base.
This role will have three primary job responsibilities, including client/business development, account relationship management, and internal strategic leadership.
- Creates a targeted business plan that includes account-based client engagement strategy and market intelligence gathering that aligns to key functional areas / buying centers in target accounts
- Directs dedicated client development team member(s) on client outreach and engagement activities to drive new business development and opportunity creation
- Leads meetings and demonstrations of BTG services that are tailored to accounts and relationships and are in context of past/existing work streams; prepare and manage customization and development of new BD materials and collateral (pitch decks, etc.) accordingly
- Proactively anticipates customer needs based on market activity and guiding firm investment in new areas; conducts market intelligence to understand and position against key competitors
- Manages to quarterly, half, and annual revenue goals, along with and other key commercial metrics (meetings, new opportunities, etc.)
Account Relationship Management
- Establishes and maintains contact with top decision makers at key clients that facilitates buy-in on proposed solutions from top management levels at assigned accounts
- Serves as a senior advocate for client/prospective client needs – working as trusted advisor to help clients navigate our industry and support solution development in collaboration with experts across BTG
- Oversees client success and delivery team, advising and directing project scoping and talent search processes, driving the proposal development process, directing the pricing, and contracting strategy, and managing project economics and risk
- Responsible for directing project and talent oversight on active projects to ensure client satisfaction and engagement, supporting extension and expansion of BTG project opportunities with existing clients and new referrals
Internal Strategic Leadership
- Synthesizes and communicates client, industry, and market trends to senior BTG leadership to support firm strategy and investments in the Life Sciences / BioPharma sector
- Borrows on previous experience to coach and develop others within specific buying center; contributes to development of other Client Development team members, through influence
- Contributes to firm visibility and marketing campaigns to support buying center goals
- 8-10+ years of business development, commercial relationship management, or related experience with 3-5 years focused on large, complex, multi-site accounts
- Experience building and broadening client relationships across all key influencers and serve as a trusted advisor and consultant
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills; comfort with engaging with and presenting to board-level and C-level executives
- Ability to spend significant time (60%+) “in market” with clients – virtually for now, with potential to migrate back to in-person as health restrictions allow
- Proven contract negotiation and management skills, able to work collaboratively with both client and internal teams (e.g., procurement, legal, finance) to balance needs of BTG and client
- Familiar with developing and maintaining sales plans, managing multiple initiatives/work streams simultaneously
- Ethical, confident, and creative, with a persistent “can do” attitude
- Proven ability to navigate an often ambiguous and complex organization to resolve customer issues and internal roadblocks
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with relative ease
- Ability to collaborate without ego, preference for working in a team environment, commitment to building and maintaining positive relationship with colleagues across departments
- Tendency to pick up a wrench. Proactive mindset and approach: able to think several steps ahead anticipate teammates’ needs, and suggest improvements to existing processes
- Runs to criticism, continually seeking feedback and making improvements
- Approaches work with a spirit of generosity. Endeavors to serve everyone—colleagues, clients, partners—beyond expectation, and with appreciation
- BA/BS Degree
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus/Commission opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits package including health, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401K savings plan, educational/wellness/work from home stipend
BTG is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring a diverse team without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
If interested, please apply to Kathi Colligan at email@example.com