The Future of Work is Here. Join the Team
Business Talent Group (BTG) is the leading talent platform that connects independent management consultants, subject matter experts, executives, and project managers with top companies to solve their biggest business challenges and seize new opportunities. BTG provides just the right on-demand talent needed—remote or on-site, part-time or full-time, individuals or teams, all around the world. More than 50% of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of others trust BTG to curate, vet, and deliver legally compliant talent that fuel growth, innovation, and performance improvement. Clients include McKesson, Logitech, Hilton, and Hitachi. BTG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Heidrick & Struggles.
We pride ourselves on having developed a fast-paced, fun, and dynamic culture. We encourage all our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers. For more information on our company, visit our website at businesstalentgroup.com
Role & Responsibilities
We are seeking a confident and self-motivated individual(s) to join our growing client development & management team. We are looking for innovative individuals who are self-motivated, goal-oriented, love to learn, and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
As an Associate Director, you will work alongside the vertical lead in identifying and unlocking new areas of business, with the opportunity to cultivate and run your own book of business. You will receive extensive training and guidance from your CDM Lead as needed and will help to co-lead the development of new corporate clients in a vertical that is still growing.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Full cycle sales management, including lead generation, generating high volume outreach campaigns, and holding client meetings from qualification to closed won.
- Introducing target executives to BTG’s business model and for broadening client relationships across a territory of named accounts
- Developing and articulating a strong understanding of BTG’s capabilities and unique value proposition
- Driving to close potential project opportunities in conjunction with the BTG Client Services team
- Actively keeping in touch with executives to stay top of mind and develop new project inquiries
- Managing/growing a book of business across a segment of accounts
- Meeting and exceeding annual revenue goals and expectations
- Updating activity in company database and maintaining a strong process focus in sales activities
- Sharing and learning best practices with others in BTG – being a “culture add” is more important than being a “culture fit”
- Strong sales track record with 2-5 years in client-facing, B2B sales roles, ideally selling services (as opposed to products) to CXO-level executives in Fortune 1000 clients, preferably within strategy, business development, corporate development, finance, marketing, and/or operations functions
- Background working in or selling to large hardware and/or software organizations preferred but not necessary
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, active listener with a curious nature
- Ability to identify potential customers and quickly match client needs to BTG capabilities
- Demonstrated track record to surpass revenue and related sales targets
- Driven by customer impact and able to think strategically about growing a new book of business
- Comfortable in a metrics managed environment
- Self-motivated and highly responsive style — a true team player with no ego
- Able to manage some travel to client locations (<25%) once travel health restrictions allow
- Competitive base salary
- This position is non-exempt
- Bonus opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits package including health, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401K savings plan, and an educational stipend
Business Talent Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We are committed to providing equal access to employment, upward mobility opportunities, and a discrimination-free work environment.