04 Feb Collections Specialist
THE FUTURE OF WORK IS HERE. JOIN THE TEAM.
Business Talent Group (BTG) is the leading marketplace that connects independent management consultants, subject matter experts, and executives with top companies to solve their biggest business problems. BTG provides just the right on-demand talent needed—on-site or remote, part-time or full-time, individuals or teams, anywhere in the world.
That’s why more than 40% of the F100 trust BTG to curate, vet, and deliver talent who fuel growth, innovation, and performance improvement. Our commitment to project success has earned us a 99% fill rate on all talent requests and a 97% repeat rate among top global companies.
We pride ourselves on having developed a fast-paced, fun and dynamic culture. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers. Starting a career with BTG means joining a firm that is at the intersection of leading edge workforce dynamics and 21st century business problem solving.
We are growing and looking for a full-time experienced Collections Specialist. The position will work remotely in the greater Los Angeles area and may work in the Los Angeles office twice a month for training and team meetings.
The position reports to our Corporate Controller.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for company’s timely collection efforts on all aged accounts in a high volume, detailed environment
- Plan and maintain an effective program for the systematic follow-up and collection of receivables
- Achieve monthly DSO goals
- Work through and understand complex process flow of large company payment structures
- Research status of invoices in a variety of client-based portal systems
- Collect delinquencies while maintaining professional conduct with clients
- Interact with internal sales team to facilitate collections as necessary
- Process invoices as needed to support billing team
- Prepare AR summary report to management on a regular basis
- General journal entries and accruals as needed
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Qualified candidates must possess:
- 4+ years collections experience
- AA or higher in finance and accounting preferred
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to understand complex processes
- Must have solid Excel and Word skills
- Must be detail and deadline oriented. Must have solid organizational and multitasking abilities in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
- Experience with Accounting Systems-QuickBooks and Salesforce a plus
- Team player, positive attitude, professional
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Comprehensive Benefits package including health, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401K savings plan and 3 weeks’ vacation plus a flexible work schedule
Please send resume to email@example.com