The Future of Work is Here. Join the Team
Business Talent Group (BTG) is the leading talent platform that connects independent management consultants, subject matter experts, executives, and project managers with top companies to solve their biggest business challenges and seize new opportunities. BTG provides just the right on-demand talent needed—remote or on-site, part-time or full-time, individuals or teams, all around the world. More than 50% of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of others trust BTG to curate, vet, and deliver legally compliant talent that fuel growth, innovation, and performance improvement. Clients include McKesson, Logitech, Hilton, and Hitachi. BTG is a Heidrick & Struggles company.
We pride ourselves on having developed a fast-paced, fun, and dynamic culture. We encourage all our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers. For more information on our company, visit our website at businesstalentgroup.com
Role & Responsibilities
We are a fast-growing company looking for a responsible Contracts Analyst to join our team and help us improve and scale our contracts activities.
Your main duties will be to prepare, review, and negotiate various company contracts, with a focus on client agreements for consulting projects and on-demand professionals, but also including confidentiality, and independent contractor agreements.
As well as contract drafting, review, and negotiation, you will work with the company’s Legal, Finance, and Talent Success teams to innovate and improve processes for our contracts operations in a fast-growth environment. You will report directly to our Contracts Manager, for purposes of overall performance review, professional development, and strategic direction as well as day to day guidance, training, planning, and operations. You will also work closely with our General Counsel, who leads the BTG Legal department.
A successful Contracts Analyst will demonstrate good attention to detail and strong organizational skills along with the ability to discover issues and potential risks for our company. You should also be able analyze contracts with an eye toward meeting client requirements and reducing company risk, while ensuring compliance with the law and successful partnership with our clients. Our ideal candidate has previous experience drafting and supporting negotiation of customer/client contracts for a B2B technology or professional services business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the preparation, review and revision of contracts that involve the sale of professional services, primarily to F1000 client organizations.
- Support Contracts Manager and General Counsel in legal process improvement efforts as needed.
- Coordinate with internal sales, Talent Solutions, and Finance teams to ensure SOWs reflect agreed business terms, using both BTG-provided and client-provided templates.
- Exercise judgment to escalate contract issues to Contracts Manager or company General Counsel where appropriate.
- Enter, update and organize contract files and structured data in Salesforce.com and Box as well as summaries of key or nonstandard contract provisions.
- Support company SOX and other compliance requirements through application of contract approval and execution processes.
- Ensure contract execution is in accordance with company policies and timelines.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working as a Contracts Analyst, processing services contracts in a sales operations, procurement, or legal department (or other similar role and environment, such as Contracts Administrator, Contracts Specialist, Contracts Manager, Procurement Analyst) in a B2B technology or professional services business.
- Experience with negotiating and/or drafting and finalizing contracts.
- Experience managing and organizing contract files/databases.
- Must be customer focused (both internal stakeholders and the company’s clients) and possess attention to detail, organizational skills, and good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of employees/management/customers.
- Impeccable integrity and trustworthiness.
- Ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, high growth culture.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite is required as well as with Docusign or another contract execution/contract management platform.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com or a similar CRM platform and Box.com highly desired.
- Experience with workflow automation is desirable.
Business Talent Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We are committed to providing equal access to employment, upward mobility opportunities, and a discrimination-free work environment.