The Future of Work is Here. Join the Team
Business Talent Group (BTG) is the leading talent platform that connects independent management consultants, subject matter experts, executives, and project managers with top companies to solve their biggest business challenges and seize new opportunities. BTG provides just the right on-demand talent needed—remote or on-site, part-time or full-time, individuals or teams, all around the world. More than 50% of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of others trust BTG to curate, vet, and deliver legally compliant talent that fuel growth, innovation, and performance improvement. Clients include McKesson, Logitech, Hilton, and Hitachi. BTG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Heidrick & Struggles.
We pride ourselves on having developed a fast-paced, fun, and dynamic culture. We encourage all our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers. For more information on our company, visit our website at businesstalentgroup.com
Role & Responsibilities
Business Talent Group (BTG) is seeking a Senior/Executive Director of Client Development to join a growing European team. This individual will be working with current and future clients to surface and manage individual project opportunities and cultivate and establish enterprise and long-term relationship-based revenue growth. The successful candidate will develop and manage account-based strategies for client engagement, lead and build senior client relationships, cultivate and manage project and enterprise relationship evaluations, direct client service teams on talent placements and active projects, and play a leadership role on the client development team.
The role requires surfacing and exploring key issues of relevance to target account companies, planning and overseeing the execution of projects with clients, and supporting development of and guiding internal strategy to better serve clients. This person may also be called on to lead high-priority initiatives and collaborate with colleagues across the firm to explore and uncover business needs to deliver and grow BTG’s client base.
This role will have two primary job responsibilities, including client/business development and account relationship management.
- Creates a targeted business plan that includes account-based client engagement strategy and market intelligence gathering that aligns to key functional areas / buying centers in target accounts
- Directs dedicated client development team member(s) on client outreach and engagement activities to drive new business development and opportunity creation
- Leads meetings and demonstrations of BTG services that are tailored to accounts and relationships and are in context of past/existing work streams; prepare and manage customization and development of new BD materials and collateral (pitch decks, etc.) accordingly
- Proactively anticipates customer needs based on market activity and guiding firm investment in new areas; conducts market intelligence to understand and position against key competitors
- Manages to quarterly, half, and annual revenue goals, along with and other key commercial metrics (meetings, new opportunities, etc.)
Account Relationship Management
- Establishes and maintains contact with top decision makers at key clients that facilitates buy-in on proposed solutions from top management levels at assigned accounts
- Serves as a senior advocate for client/prospective client needs – working as trusted advisor to help clients navigate our industry and support solution development in collaboration with experts across BTG
- Oversees client success and delivery team, advising and directing project scoping and talent search processes, driving the proposal development process, directing the pricing, and contracting strategy, and managing project economics and risk
- Responsible for directing project and talent oversight on active projects to ensure client satisfaction and engagement, supporting extension and expansion of BTG project opportunities with existing clients and new referrals
- 4-6 years of business development, commercial relationship management, or related experience
- Experience building and broadening client relationships across all key influencers and serve as a trusted advisor and consultant
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills; comfort with engaging with and presenting to board-level and C-level executives
- Ability to spend significant time (60%+) “in market” with clients — virtually for now, with potential to migrate back to in-person as health restrictions allow
- Proven contract negotiation and management skills, able to work collaboratively with both client and internal teams (e.g., procurement, legal, finance) to balance needs of BTG and client
- Familiar with developing and maintaining sales plans, managing multiple initiatives/work streams simultaneously
- Ethical, confident, and creative, with a persistent “can do” attitude
- Proven ability to navigate an often ambiguous and complex organization to resolve customer issues and internal roadblocks
- Ability to collaborate without ego, preference for working in a team environment, commitment to building and maintaining positive relationship with colleagues across departments
- Tendency to pick up a wrench. Proactive mindset and approach: able to think several steps ahead anticipate teammates’ needs, and suggest improvements to existing processes
- Runs to criticism, continually seeking feedback and making improvements
- Approaches work with a spirit of generosity. Endeavors to serve everyone — colleagues, clients, partners—beyond expectation, and with appreciation.
- BA/BS Degree
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus/commission opportunities
Business Talent Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We are committed to providing equal access to employment, upward mobility opportunities, and a discrimination-free work environment.