The Future of Work is Here. Join the Team
Business Talent Group (BTG) is the leading talent platform that connects independent management consultants, subject matter experts, executives, and project managers with top companies to solve their biggest business challenges and seize new opportunities. BTG provides just the right on-demand talent needed—remote or on-site, part-time or full-time, individuals or teams, all around the world. More than 50% of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of others trust BTG to curate, vet, and deliver legally compliant talent that fuel growth, innovation, and performance improvement. Clients include McKesson, Logitech, Hilton, and Hitachi. BTG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Heidrick & Struggles.
We pride ourselves on having developed a fast-paced, fun, and dynamic culture. We encourage all our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers. For more information on our company, visit our website at businesstalentgroup.com
Role & Responsibilities
The Manager, Talent Solutions will work alongside several Account Executives in blended commercial teams to understand client business needs and carefully select and deliver the right independent consultant to address those challenges on a project-by-project basis. The commercial team you join will educate the market on the latest trends in business and the global Gig-Economy, inspiring senior executives to take a different approach to engaging management consultants.
The ideal candidate is passionate about business, possesses a client-success, client service, and relationship management orientation with a strategic mindset, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and can manage complexity and ambiguity while also leading others through it. This role will eventually be based in the office, however, for the foreseeable future will be virtual, based out of a home office environment. Office locations include Chicago, IL, New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA and Austin, Texas. Remote locations will also be considered.
As part of Talent Solutions at BTG, you will:
- Lead the overall Talent Solutions and Talent Delivery process in the context of your commercial team(s), acting as an experienced Talent Delivery expert and partnering with the Account Executive to serve our clients from deal development to project close
- Partner with Account Executive to engage with clients and consultants to define project scope and propose best solution to clients
- Identify, vet, and curate the best independent consultants for a project, and ensure their success on the projects for which they are selected
- Prepare talent for success through assistance with proposal development, contract negotiation, and oversight during the duration of a project to ensure high client satisfaction
- Build deep expertise and knowledge of independent talent by industry vertical and/or talent type and serve as key partner to the Talent Acquisition team to ensure we have the right talent supply to meet client demand
- Cultivate deep relationships with talent and provide seamless talent delivery experience to ensure high talent satisfaction
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sales, legal, finance and other team members to ensure successful talent delivery
- Potentially serve as a Manager for the TS team members within the commercial pod
- 3-5 years of work experience in a client-facing role
- 2 years of experience in executive search, recruiting, or account management
- Self-starter/entrepreneurial nature with high intellectual curiosity and willingness to be flexible and agile
- Ability to think strategically about client situations and projects while also relentlessly executing and delivering on the core components of our work
- Proven project management and professional services skills; ability to juggle multiple projects with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Relationship management mindset and experience; passion for client service and client impact, and a service-focused mindset for our consultants/talent network
- High EQ, capable of building strong relationships up, down, and sideways both inside and outside the organization
- People/team management preferred but not required
- Team player, able to contribute to the overall goals of your teams
- Undergraduate degree with a strong academic record
- Passionate about BTG’s mission
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits package including health, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401K savings plan, commuter benefit program, and an educational stipend
Business Talent Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We are committed to providing equal access to employment, upward mobility opportunities, and a discrimination-free work environment.