19 Jul Manager, New Product Development (NPD)
THE FUTURE OF WORK IS HERE. JOIN THE TEAM.
Our Company and Culture
Business Talent Group (BTG) is the leading marketplace that connects independent management consultants, subject matter experts, and executives with top companies to solve their biggest business problems. BTG provides just the right on-demand talent needed—on-site or remote, part-time or full-time, individuals or teams, anywhere in the world.
That is why more than 40% of the F100 trust BTG to curate, vet, and deliver talent that fuels growth, innovation, and performance improvement. Our commitment to project success has earned us a 99% fill rate on all talent requests and a 97% repeat rate among top global companies.
For more information on our company visit our website at www.businesstalentgroup.com.
We are looking for a Manager, New Product Development (NPD) who is passionate about building service/product offerings related to our clients’ accessing and tapping into the on-demand talent market to support their human capital and growth-oriented initiatives. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build, and rollout services/products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
The Manager, NPD will be a crucial member of the NPD team, and will assist in developing product/service offerings by helping to identify high-potential services/products; conducting market research; generating product requirements and specifications; determining and managing timetables; and creating work plans for market introduction.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in determining and understanding customers’ needs through primary and secondary market research
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future products/services by aligning market data with product specifications and requirements; support the creation of new product ideas and/or changes to existing products
- Actively develop knowledge of market competition to inform synthesis of customer needs’ research and recommendations related to product/service strategy
- Support development of product/service concepts, prototypes, and the associated information and marketing materials to enable in-market testing
- In conjunction with the NPD team, introduce new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, marketing, and client service
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests
- In coordination with the NPD Director, develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- 3-5 years of work experience within a product development or product team, ideally from the service industry
- Track record of managing a successful product/service offering from ideation to launch, bonus if involved throughout entire lifecycle
- Experience working with product and marketing teams on developing product strategies and and effectively communicating recommendations to executive management
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively and creating communication channels across various functional teams in a matrixed organization
- Motivated and results-driven with a strong sense of initiative and ownership
- Team player; the ability to work well both independently and collaboratively as a team member
- Ability to thrive in a highly-entrepreneurial, dynamic and performance-driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong PPT skills critical
- BA/BS degree
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
BTG has more than 100 employees in our offices in New York, Austin, Chicago, and LA and some who work remotely. We provide competitive compensation, flexible hours and PTO, 401(k), as well as health, dental, and vision insurance.
Please forward this job description to appropriate candidates, and apply with resume to email@example.com.