The Future of Work is Here. Join the Team
Business Talent Group (BTG) is the leading talent platform that connects independent management consultants, subject matter experts, executives, and project managers with top companies to solve their biggest business challenges and seize new opportunities. BTG provides just the right on-demand talent needed—remote or on-site, part-time or full-time, individuals or teams, all around the world. More than 50% of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of others trust BTG to curate, vet, and deliver legally compliant talent that fuel growth, innovation, and performance improvement. Clients include McKesson, Logitech, Hilton, and Hitachi. BTG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Heidrick & Struggles.
We pride ourselves on having developed a fast-paced, fun, and dynamic culture. We encourage all our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers. For more information on our company, visit our website at businesstalentgroup.com
We are looking for a talented leader to set the direction for and build the Sales Strategy & Operations function at BTG, in a (very) fast-paced environment. As the Senior Director of Sales Strategy & Operations, you will work as the right hand of the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) and lead and inspire a team to drive our strategy, increase our productivity, and accelerate growth in our core geographies (North America, EMEA). While singularly focused on growth, you will be responsible for building a go-to-market platform that promotes experimentation and creativity, while providing a clear foundation to leverage best practices. You’ll need to manage and hire A+ talent, develop clear and actionable best practices, and build out world-class tools and technology to support the team.
What You’ll Do
- Work with sales leaders, and cross functionally, to drive investment decisions, productivity, forecasting, and results in enterprise and channel-led GTM models—including optimizing the sales process, rep efficiency, compensation and quota, and capacity and territory coverage—based on historical and predictive data analysis.
- Provide strategic leadership on sales operational issues.
- Initiate and lead sales process discussions and generate plans for implementation in accordance with business objectives.
- Motivate work through the development of key sales metrics and corresponding compliance requirements.
- Oversee compensation plan definition, enforcement, and administration.
- Act as liaison with IT, Finance, and Marketing and coordinate across multiple divisions.
- Partner with CRO, CFO, and CEO to create dashboards that bring clarity to rep, manager, and company GTM performance, and highlight the actions needed to create a GTM flywheel across enterprise selling, inside selling, and web-based self-service product-led growth.
- Develop and maintain audit procedures.
- Collect input data from the sales team to create and streamline sales processes and methodologies utilized by the sales team.
- Orchestrate and manage sales process infrastructure and keep processes up to date.
- Serve as the main contact for all executive sales reporting.
- Perform regular and ad hoc analysis of renewal base, sales pipeline, forecasted opportunities, close rates, etc.
- Install leading indicator metrics tied to sales-specific decision-making.
- Oversee internal and external benchmarking.
- Design and implement a proactive operational cadence to ensure the health of the business (forecasting, pipeline, business reviews, etc.)
- Own enablement strategy, ensuring new hires get up to speed as quickly as possible, and track effectiveness metrics.
- Manage and scale the sales tech stack—integrating tools and data flows, managing vendor relationships, and administering the applications; integrate tools and processes with marketing, finance and others.
- Lead steering team to prioritize and align resources with needs.
- Lead and gate keep all enhancement and project requests.
- Identify and work with power users across business channels.
- Manage license community.
- Maintain the accuracy and efficiency of the system.
- Ensure integrity and smooth functioning of all integration routines.
- Oversee all sales data management.
- Establish and manage the sales Intelligence desk (or deal desk).
- Facilitate sharing of best practices across the sales organization.
- Handle controversial situations, customer/client negotiations/influences.
- Conduct Win-Loss Analysis quarterly and use results to drive change in sales campaign behavior.
- Interface with Marketing Operations and BDR function to maximize pipeline generation and drive overall funnel efficiency.
- Build and manage a world-class team of doers. This includes teams responsible for all aspects of sales and growth, such as managing sales technology, building sales enablement capabilities, and leading cross-functional initiatives to resolve key obstacles to growth.
- Design, implement, and administer incentive programs that reward high performance, aligning key success inputs with overall business objectives.
A Little More About You
- You are comfortable in highly ambiguous environments but hate ambiguity and seek to bring order from chaos wherever possible. However, you know your limits and prioritize where you can make the most impact.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates, and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You’re a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You can work both fast and right and don’t view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live/on your feet—you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
What You’ll Bring
- You have 8-10+ years of work experience, with a demonstrated track record of analyzing complex, unstructured strategic problems and executing on concrete recommendations. MBA or equivalent experience not required but highly valuable.
- Past experience in scaling a rapidly growing business, with equal parts ‘general athlete’ and ‘been-there, done-that’ experiences
- Strong leader with the ability to build a high-performing team and a collaborative culture
- Ability to distill complex information into actionable results
- Ability to manage complex projects with urgency
- Hungry to win, resourceful, and thrive working in ambiguous, fast-paced environments that come with building a new business from the ground up
We know that success comes from smart work and deserves to be recognized and rewarded. We value people who are bold, ambitious, collaborative and customer-centric. We’re a global community growing together. If you love a good challenge, enjoy solving meaningful problems, and want to be a part of one of the fastest-growing B2B startups, then BTG is the company you are looking for! BTG offers a unique work environment and the chance to collaborate with diverse teammates across continents.
Why Join BTG?
- Have a meaningful impact on a platform that is scaling very rapidly
- Contribute to a values-based culture with an emphasis on empowerment and autonomy
- Work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus/Commission opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits package including health, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401K savings plan, educational/wellness/work from home stipend
Business Talent Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We are committed to providing equal access to employment, upward mobility opportunities, and a discrimination-free work environment.