The Future of Work is Here. Join the Team
Business Talent Group (BTG) is the leading talent platform that connects independent management consultants, subject matter experts, executives, and project managers with top companies to solve their biggest business challenges and seize new opportunities. BTG provides just the right on-demand talent needed—remote or on-site, part-time or full-time, individuals or teams, all around the world. More than 50% of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of others trust BTG to curate, vet, and deliver legally compliant talent that fuel growth, innovation, and performance improvement. Clients include McKesson, Logitech, Hilton, and Hitachi. BTG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Heidrick & Struggles.
We pride ourselves on having developed a fast-paced, fun, and dynamic culture. We encourage all our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers. For more information on our company, visit our website at businesstalentgroup.com
Role & Responsibilities
As we grow out Talent Solutions team, we are looking for experienced and client-focused individuals who will play an instrumental role in helping our senior level clients define and solve their most pressing business challenges by aligning the best talent to interim executive and complex consulting needs. As a Talent Solutions Principal, you will work closely with top tier independent professionals to meet high stakes client needs and ensure client, consultant, and overall engagement success. Talent Solutions Principals may work virtually on a full or part time basis; must be located on the East Coast, flexible within the ET time zone.
As a Talent Solutions Principal, you will deliver the right talent to solve client business challenges with a focus on interim executive placements in partnership with senior leaders at Heidrick and Struggles.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define pressing business challenges with client, and structure solution fulfilled by top tier independent consultants with focus on interim placements
- Identify, assess, and match senior independent consultants from our talent network who will be successful in client engagements
- Prepare talent for success through assistance with proposal development, contract negotiation, and oversight during the duration of a project to ensure high client satisfaction
- Work with clients, independent consultants and Heidrick and Struggles leadership to ensure projects are launched and completed successfully
- Interface with Talent Acquisition team to ensure talent supply matches demand
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sales, legal, finance and other team members to ensure successful talent delivery
- Leverage systems and tools to communicate with cross-functional business partners and account teams
- Serve as domain, subject matter, or scoping expert for complex client challenges by collaborating with account executives to foster successful client relationships
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to junior Talent Solutions colleagues
- 10+ years of work experience; previous management consulting experience at a top-tier firm with direct client engagement or executive recruiting experience
- Experience working and communicating effectively in influencing C-Suite clients and executives
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable acting as deal maker – with strong commercial instincts and ability to negotiate and drive projects to a close
- Highly collaborative, hands-on with the ability to work cross functionally
- Team player with entrepreneurial zeal
- MBA preferred
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits package including health, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401K matching program, commuter benefit program, and a wellness and educational stipend.
Business Talent Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We are committed to providing equal access to employment, upward mobility opportunities, and a discrimination-free work environment.