03 May Sundeep Karnik
Health & Life Science Executive
Sundeep Karnik is a medical doctor who built his career delivering results in the business of healthcare. Between his two stints as a consultant—first as a leader in McKinsey & Co’s Healthcare practices and now with his own firm—he served in executive roles at Medtronic, Elsevier, and as a start-up CEO.
Dr. Karnik serves clients on a variety of topics in strategy, operational execution, and organizational change across the spectrum of therapeutic areas and geographic markets. His recent work focuses on helping companies navigate the unprecedented technology-driven disruptions in healthcare that present challenges as well as opportunities for significant value creation.
Dr. Karnik has written for the BTG blog about disruptive trends in the health and life science industries.
- Change management
- Innovation and digital transformation
- Customer insights driven, agile product development
- Launch planning and execution
- Business development
- Due diligence
- Post-merger integration
- Board/Advisor – Clinical, Launch, and Growth stage companies
- CEO – Reusense (Glucose Monitoring)
- SVP, Strategy – Elsevier
- Director and GM – Medtronic
- SEM – McKinsey & Company
- MS (Molecular Physiology), UIUC
- MS (Rehabilitation) UIUC
- MBBS (MD), University of Bombay, India